Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Ceramics, cockatoo, food & more

Lately I haven't been taking pictures every time I've fired a batch of ceramics - not that I've fired thaaat many times, but I haven't been taking the 'bundled up' pictures I did after the first 4 firings or so. Probably because plates don't change too much, haha.
However, I have improved since the last pictures were taken so I decided to take pictures of some of my more recent ceramics :)
I definitely need to do some more of the handpainted ones (they were decorated using the amaco semi moist underglazes). And I can't wait to use some of those cake stands!
Most of the colors I'm using at the moment (for the base) are the amaco velvet underglazes - love them. They come in a great variety of colors and shades, and you can get them in convenient little 2oz containers which is perfect for those who are making miniatures or only need a small amount of one color :)





I also decided to make a cockatoo (tutorial is being uploaded as I'm typing). Lots of fun and I'm already working on the next 'feathered fellow'.


And because I've been gone from the blog for a while... again... here are a couple of the other minis I've made;








6 comments:

  1. I am in awe! Those cake stands ... oh my goodness! You are such a tremendous artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you on the blog again! :D

    I'm honestly in love with everything-- Loving the fiesta colors and painted ceramics!! Was wondering when you'd be painting your ceramics. (x The cake stands would also look just perfect for your cakes! Hope to see them sometime soon on them! ^^

    Who would have thought the Violin was polymer clay!? 0-0 The Violin color, shape, bow, strings, and every aspect of it is spot on!!! \(^0^)/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful. Your style and level of detail are amazing. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the ceramics are fabulous! I'm surprised the glazes aren't as thick as the bowls! That's a super red. It was really hard to get a good one when I did ceramics years ago. Lovely cockatoo and the other miniatures. I watch you on YouTube but hadn't seen your ceramics. Your hand painted china is dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! - the red base on the ceramics is "bright red" by the amaco velvet underglaze line :) it's definitely gorgeous and as the name suggests, bright, once glazed! one of my personal favorite colors of the bunch so far.

      Delete
  5. I just want to tell you that I stumbled across your blog when searching for clay miniature tutorials, and I have been in awe ever since. You are incredibly talented. Thank you for sharing your work (and showing the rest of us how you did it.) Just - wow!!

    ReplyDelete